I make a turkey in this video. You could make a pork roast or beef roast, if you like. The point I’m trying to make today is you can have something that’s as every bit as good as mashed potatoes and gravy and still be Primal. Regular mashed potatoes and gravy are out because potatoes have too much starch in them and that’s high carb. And gravy is usually made with flour and that’s from a grain and has gluten! Three strikes and you’re out, or something like that!
So as far as the main course goes, use something that you’re comfortable with cooking. If you don’t do a turkey and don’t want to do a pork or beef roast, you could roast a chicken. Leftovers will be great on an oopsie roll as a sandwich or as a filling in tacos with a cheese tortilla, two things which we’ve already done.
The other main point of doing a big meal on Sunday is that you have leftovers for the week to eat, so you don’t have to work too hard to fix a meal after a long day at work!
Just wanted to make it clear in the Turkey video, I mashed the celery root in the food processor and I also made the gravy in the food processor. Some people in the past have missed this. I’m just adding this video of another batch I made just to help clarify.Thanks!
If you’re making “mashed potatoes” using celery root or cauliflower, when you puree them in the food processor its normal to add cream and butter. Instead, you can use a little coconut milk and coconut oil or olive oil.
Benefits of Using Chef Harry’s 21 Day LCHF Fun Foods Cooking Meal Plan
- No Hassle Cooking – See how easy it is to cook Primally. After you’ve been doing this a while, it will become second nature!
- See Exciting New Ideas – Take the boredom out of your current eating routine by expanding your repertoire. I was a restaurant chef for 25 years and thought I saw it all until I made a pizza crust using cauliflower!
- Get Off Meds – By following a low carb, high fat diet I lost 70 lbs and was able to get off my Type II Diabetes and High Blood Pressure Meds. As always, check with your doctor before beginning any weight loss program.
- New Dairy Free Options – All recipes are gluten and grain free. Plus, all recipes have been modified to give you dairy free options!
- Get Expert Help – Get expert advice from a restaurant chef and Primal Blueprint Certified Health Coach!
- Become a Fat Burning Beast – As you begin to eat high fat, low carb meals, you will retrain your body to burn fat instead of sugar!
- Low Carb Meals – We’re going to be eating low carb, high fat meals. Keep carbs under 50g a day and you could lose weight! I did!
- Share with the Community – I just started a Facebook User Group that you can join and talk to me and other people looking to become fat burning beasts! Share and posts pics of the food you’re eating. You’ll see what the community is doing for an endless supply of ideas to get you out of that routine boring pattern and to make eating Primal fun and exciting.
- Flexible Meal Plans – Yes we have 21 days of recipes, but you can hold off on some if you don’t have time. And feel free to look through my recipes and substitute to your heart’s content. Just keep in mind, I do big meals on Sundays with the extra food being used for quick meals during the week!
- Ketosis Prerequisite – If you’re looking to get in to ketosis, do this challenge following the dairy free options. Then take my Ketosis Focus challenge to get in to Ketosis!
Pork Tenderloin is pretty inexpensive and can be used to make a big variety of different meals. You can go Italian and make Pork Saltimbocca or picatta, go German and make schnitzel, go Mexican and make tacos or go Asian for stir fries. You can make these dishes fresh from scratch or use leftover roasted pork tenderloin. Very flexible. More cooking videos and recipes are in my LCHF Fun Foods Challenge.
Eat Primal/Paleo Foods to Get Healthy, Reverse Type II Diabtes and Get Off Meds Like I Did! You can do it too!