You now how there’s all these new low carb high fat cheese crackers out there? I just bought some bacon cheese crackers made with almond flour at Costco. So I guess the selling point is the facts that there is no gluten and are high fat. But the carbs are just a tiny bit below that of a Triscuit! So they are not low carb or as low carb as one would like because you are more than likely to eat a whole bunch and be done with carbs for the day.
But what if you can make a tasty cheese cracker made with 100% cheese that have no gluten, no grains and have little to no carbs? Its a game changer! They are easy to make too, so lets get started…
- 1 package of sliced cheese like cheddar, swiss, colby or Muenster like the variety pack you can get in Costco
- Various dried spices that I’m sure you have in your cabinet right now at this very minute!
- parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You can do more if you want to, but this is going to make about 40 cheese crackers
- Cut slices of cheese into 4 quarters and place each quarter on the parchment paper with about a half inch between each quarter.
- When you have completed the two sheet pans you can either bake them as they are (plain, which is good) or sprinkle them with some herbs and spices. Sometimes I use Mrs. Dash No Salt, or just basil and oregano, or salt and pepper, or whatever! Experiment!
- Bake at 250 for 30 minutes
I use these for eating guacamole and sometimes I make nachos with no chips. I have these chips on the side which I use to scoop up the nachos mixture.