The Best Baby Back Ribs Ever!
I’ve cooked tons of Baby Back Ribs over the last 25 years as a chef in the restaurant biz. But today I had the best batch ever! On top of that it turned out to be easy peasy. First, you have to have a good product to start with and I bought the meatiest ribs ever from Costco! Holy cow, they were the best. Like I said I’ve cooked a lot of baby backs over the years, purchased from quality meat vendors, but these were perfect!
And second you have to settle on the cooking method. In my restaurants I actually braised the ribs for 3 hours in the oven after putting on my special rub. I used my special rub, but I used my InstaPot pressure cooker to do the major part of the cooking. Instead of 3 hours, they cooked perfectly in just 30 minutes!
So here we go!
- 1 full slab of baby back ribs
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 tbl dried oregano
- 2 tbls minced fresh garlic
- 2 cups white wine (for cooking, not for you!)
- your favorite low sugar BBQ sauce
Method for the Best Baby Back Ribs
- Cut the slab of ribs in half so they fit in the pressure cooker
- Pour the olive oil on the ribs and rub to spread it all over
- Sprinkle the ribs with the smoked paprika, oregano and minced garlic
- Rub into the meat
- Put the white wine in the pressure cooker and then place the ribs in the pot
- Close the lid and press the pressure cook button, set the timer for 30 minutes on high pressure
- When the cook time is up, release the steam from the pressure cooker
- Carefully take the ribs out, brush with you BBQ sauce and then grill or broil them to caramelize the sauce
- Eat with your favorite vegetable!
Note: If you don’t have a pressure cooker, place the ribs in a roasting pan, add the wine and 4 cups of water, cover and bake at 350 for 3 hours.