Food for Thought – Herbs is where its at! Yeah baby!
Where would be without herbs? Certainly, from a culinary stand point, things would be a little boring! How far can we go with salt! Also, many herbs have a medicinal aspect to them. So, its especially nice if we make something that tastes great and is less filling, oops I mean, healthy, too!
- rich in phenolic compounds and a wide range of polyphenols such as flavonoids
- may help arthritis and bowel diseases
- reduce inflammation and swelling
- Vitamins A, K, C
- Also magnesium, iron, potassium and calcium
- Protects against cancer
- Reduce muscle pain, bloating, allergies, earache, intestinal parasites
- Decreases blood vessel stiffness
- Protects against certain cancers
- Vitamin A, K, B
- Rich in folates
- Vitamins C, B 12, K and A
- Keeps immune system strong
- control blood pressure
- Supports kidney function
- reduces joint pain
Well, those are 4 of the most popular herbs I use. As you can see, its good to use herbs!