No tortilla chips here! Crunchy chips made from cheese! If you’re strict Paleo, you don’t eat cheese. I’m Primal, so I can eat good quality, high fat dairy! Dairy is insulogenic so it pumps up your insulin which is your fat storage hormone. So go easy on the dairy if you want to focus on losing weight. However, if you’re good to go, get ready for some cheese crackers, click here for the recipe!
Nacho Meat Mixture
- 1 lb organic ground beef
- 1 tbl cumin
- 1 tbl chili powder
- 1 tbl Mexican Oregano (Mediterranean Oregano is ok)
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsps granulated onion
- salt to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup wine, white or red
- Topping – Grated cheese, diced sweet bell pepper, Jalapeno, red onion, fresh cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- Heat pan over medium heat
- Add ground beef and break apart with a wooden spoon
- Continue to cook until all beef is cooked and fat has been rendered
- Drain out the fat. What I would do is put a strainer in a metal bowl and add the meat to the strainer letting the fat run into the bowl. When the fat has stopped dripping, put the meat back into the pan and turn the heat back on.
- Add the next 6 ingredients and stir to combine
- Add the salsa and wine and simmer for 2 minutes
- Turn off the heat
- Put some meat mixture in a bowl and top with your choice of toppings!
- Enjoy with some Cheese Crackers!