As you look at the the titles of the books, you might get the general idea that I’m concerned with my health, want to lose weight and want to get complete control of my blood sugar. How’s it going you might ask? Its going great! Since July of 2014 when I started my journey to health and feeling good I’ve lost 70 pounds, I’m in way better shape and I got off my high blood pressure and Type II Diabetes meds! I still have some belly fat going on, so I still am a work in progress. But I’m getting there! Here’s a list of the things I did in order to get back in shape and feeling good.
- First thing I did was fix my gut. It all starts in the gut. Once I started the 21 day Gut Cleanse I immediately started feeling better. I had to give up a lot of food items that I enjoyed, but it was worth it because I was feeling so good. Thank you Dr. Alejandro Junger!
- The next thing I did was recommended from the Clean Gut people. I asked them when I finished the program now what do I do? I didn’t want to go back to eating the way I had been and screw everything up again. So, I was pointed to marksdailyapple.com and The Primal Blueprint people. So I eat like a caveman! I’ve given up grains and all forms of sugar and I eat a low carb, high fat diet! Bacon and eggs really is the Breakfast of Champions! This is how I lost most of my weight and got back in shape. I’m going to eat like this for the rest of my life, which hopefully will now be a little bit longer than before I started all this!
- So even with the weight loss I still had some belly fat that I wanted to get rid of. I’m still working on that, but I am making progress. But I had a setback as describe in number 4.
- The summer of 2016 was filled with socializing from visiting family and friends and going out to dinner with our local friends. I got a little off track with the eating and drinking. I actually gained a little weight! So I tried to ramp up my Primal caveman eating and guess what! I was stuck. The dreaded weight loss plateau! At the same time I noticed my blood sugar was getting a little high. I was perplexed because I was not eating any carbs and I couldn’t get my blood sugar numbers back down. I’m talking number in the 150 to 180 range
- So I hit the books and turned to full time Ketosis and now fasting. Its going great. I’m losing weight again and my blood sugar number are great. 100 to 90, sometimes 87! When you’re in Ketosis your body is burning fat, your fat, for energy. Fasting amps up the process and has all kinds of other benefits.