I made tons of this dough for pizzas in my restaurants. I used all purpose flour. Of course, all purpose flour has a lot of carbs. A cup of almond flour has around 24g of carbs while a cup of all purpose flour has 95g of carbs. Four times as much! So when I turned low carb back in 2014 I was just eating the toppings off of my pizzas! Now, since I lost all that weight, I cheat every now and then. But it is nice to be gluten free and although I’m not full blown celiac, I do feel a little tiny bit uncomfortable after eating a bunch of bread made with all purpose flour. So there are other low carb pizza recipes out here. One uses almond flour and another uses cauliflower. The cauliflower crust is the lowest of the low carb pizza crusts.
So, here we go!
- 1 2/3 cup hot water from the tap
- 1/3 cup milk (2%, whole or half and half)
- 1 tbl sugar
- 1 tbl dry active yeast
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- herbs, optional (like basil, oregano and/or fresh rosemary)
- Add the first three ingredients to a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top then stir to mix into the liquid
- Let this stand to proof while you do the rest
- Add the flour to the bowl of a food processor
- Add the olive oil, salt and the herbs (if using)
Take out from food processor bowl, knead by hand
Put pizza dough in oiled bowl, cover with plastic, put in a warm place
Let pizza dough double in size, takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours
I put it on top of my stove with temp set at 170 degrees