The Beef, or should I say Steak, is right here!
Don’t ya just love beef? Grass fed beef is the best of course, but you can eat the grain fed stuff if that’s all that’s available. If cattle eat grass, everything is ok because that is what their genetic engineering tells them to eat. If you put a field of corn and a field of grass in front of cattle, they will more than likely wander into the field of grass and start munching away. Corn is not their thing. If they eat grains instead of grass, they start to become sick. Next, they’re being dosed with antibiotics to make sure they survive.
That combined with growth hormones and you can see why you don’t want to eat too much of grain fed beef. Toxins end up in the fat, so if you eat a lot of grain fed beef, don’t eat the fat. Cut the fat off and replace it with some butter from grass fed cows!
Quick Steak Recipe
My wife and I just shopped at Costco and bought some proteins while there including rib eye steaks. I was going to cook one on the grill for lunch, but it turned out to be a cold, windy day so I cooked inside instead. I pan seared the steak with some blackening seasoning on it. And then I transferred it to my air fryer and finished cooking it in there.
It came out medium well. I usually like my steaks medium rare to medium so it was a little over done for my taste. But it was still delicious and with my two over easy eggs, it was fantastic! I adjusted the below times to get the steak to medium, so if you want med rare, go a couple minutes less. If you want medium well, go a few minutes more.
- One rib eye steak about one inch thick
- Seasonings, I used blackening spices. You can just use salt and pepper, or use your favorite steak seasoning combo
- Whatever side you want (but not fries!), I had Steak and Eggs. My wife just ate steak!
- Season the steak on both sides
- Sear the steak in a hot pan with a little olive oil and butter, 30 seconds each side
- Transfer to the air fryer basket and cook on the steak setting which should be 13 minutes at 370 degrees
- When its finished, place on a plate and let rest while you prepare your side